Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Challenge #4 - Use a Floral Theme

Welcome to The Card Concept. 

Before we get onto this week's challenge, the team and I want to let you know that we have been having difficulty commenting on both Stampin' Up blogs and blogs with Google+. If you have not heard from us, that is why! We feel badly about this and wish we could leave you some commenting love! We just wanted to let you know!

This week we have a theme for you to try! You must use the theme and create your card in one of the styles of the designers. 



The styles are explained HERE.




Clean & Simple

Tracey McNeely

tracey_CC4

I was inspired by the beautiful roses in the inspiration and the soft peach colour.




I was inspired by the big blooms and these beautiful colors.



I was completely inspired by the colors and all the different shades of pink/red.  

Clean & Graphic


To go clean and graphic, punch up the colours, simplify the shapes and use block (not script) text


A tidy font paired with simple embellishments (like 3 small seed pearls) will not compromise a clean & graphic design.


Clean & Layering




I was inspired by the beautiful springlike colors in the photo and of course the lovely flowers :)




I was inspired to use flowers and greenery in a vase, although I used different colors than pictured in the inspiration photo.


Shabby Chic

Narelle Farrugia 

I was totally inspired by the flowers from the inspiration photo so I had a go at making them myself - they're kind of large, but I'm loving them.

I was inspired by the blooms from the vase - fully open, happy and so pretty!



Freestyle Collage




I imagined looking down on the vase, focusing on the rim, the flower layers and the grey/green foliage.





I started my card with the leaves,and from their i choose my flowers and colors,which of course i was inspired by the photo


Classy & Elegant




I added lots of layers, embossing, flourishes, timeless images and sparkle to create this elegant look.


Cathy Weber



An intricate die cut edge adds instant elegance.


Our Rules
  1. Use the Challenge to create a card.
  2. Choose one of the design team "styles" to create your card. Click HERE for the different styles summary.
  3. Explain in your post which style you used.
  4. Link up your blog post here, not your whole blog.
  5. Comment on the card ahead of you and behind you in the linky. Everyone loves comments!
This challenge will end on Monday,March 3 at Noon (PST).


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects from the DT!! Love this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Design Team...Did an AMAZING job !!! WOWZA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards by the design team! I was wondering how many cards can we enter in one challenge?, I made couple of cards and had a hard time deciding which one to put up here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo, vielen Dank für das tolle Thema und die wunderschönen und vielseitigen Inspirationen.
    LG Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards from the DT, and such a beautiful inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much to the DT...fabulous inspiration in so many styles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the pretty floral inspiration.

    ReplyDelete